Important Notice: Just as you must be alert for e-mail phishing scams and other internet dangers, you must also be aware of employment scams that prey on the unwary. For example, if an employer offers to send you a cashier’s check and then asks you to wire money elsewhere, it is a scam. The cashier’s check is usually fake and banks will often cash these fake checks and hold you responsible when the check fails to clear. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Tips to maintain safety when seeking employment:
Trust your instincts! If you suspect a job listing is fraudulent, please notify the Financial Aid Office immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only deal with people you can meet locally.
- Do not meet with individuals in secluded areas.
- Tell someone where you are going or consider bringing along a friend.
- Never give out financial information such as bank account numbers, social security number, or credit card numbers.
- Never wire funds anywhere on behalf of a third party.
- Never submit to a credit check or background search until you have verified the legitimacy of a company or individual.
Search for an on-campus or off-campus job. Also, you can sign up for e-mail notifications about positions that interested you.
On-Campus and Off-Campus Community Service Employers
Post available On-Campus and Off-Campus Community Service Work Study positions, review applications, and hire student employees. Employment guidelines and required documents are at your fingertips to expedite the hiring process.
This section is for Off-campus Non-Community Service employers who would like to post jobs for our SUNY New Paltz students.
This section is for On-Campus Student Assistant employers who would like to post jobs for our SUNY New Paltz students.